Pastor Michael McKay was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Cinnaminson, New Jersey. He graduated from West Virginia Wesleyan College in 1979 with degree in Religion. He then attended Princeton Theological Seminary and was awarded a Master of Divinity Degree in 1982.
Pastor Mike has been serving United Methodist Churches in New Jersey since 1980 and has pastored in Rahway, Dunellen, the Cokesbury area of Hunterdon County and most recently was pastor for over 14 years at the Montville United Methodist church. Pastor Mike was ordained a Deacon in the church in 1981 and Elder in 1984.
Pastor Mike over the years has held several leadership positions and roles in the larger church.
- Certified Key Event & New Life Mission Herald through General Board of Discipleship. In this role he would preach and give leadership at Key Events and New Life Missions as churches sought to re-energize their ministries and inspire members and newcomers.
- Past Chair of Conference Commission on Camps and Conferences at the Annual Conference level.
- Lead yearly Summer Camps (Sail Camp) for 8-15 Jr. & Sr. High Youth at Aldersgate Center (1983-Present).
- Co-Leader of week long summer mission trips to Red Bird Mission in Kentucky for groups ranging from 45 to over 90 people in partnership with Pastor Steve Bechtold.
- For the last 10 years he has chaired the Skylands District Committee on Church Location and Building and is a member of the Skylands District Superintendent Committee.
Pastor Mike has two grown daughters, Meredith and Megan. Pastor Mike believes that being a Pastor is one of the best jobs in the world, but when he is not at work his interests include: Sailing and boatbuilding, travel, reading and finding really slammin’ meatloaf at local diners all over the country.
Pastor Mike is excited to be joining the staff and leadership team of the Butler United Methodist Church. He believes that the local church, especially Butler UMC, is equipped to meet the real needs that people have and to bring people in contact with the forgiving, healing and life-giving power and grace of God.
A native of Puerto Rico, Lourdes brings with her a deep faith and rich
background that will serve our Hispanic ministry well. She is currently a member of the
Mendham United Methodist church where he husband, Rolando, serves as the pastor.
They have a 10-year-old son, who is also named Rolando.
Lourdes has been a lay speaker in the United Methodist Church and has been trained as
a missioner through the United Methodist National Hispanic Plan. While this will be her
first pastoral assignment, she has served with her husband in the Freehold United
Methodist Church Hispanic Ministry, and was an active member of the Simpson UMC in
Perth Amboy. She was previously employed with Catholic Charities in Perth Amboy
where she served as a family caseworker. She has completed the Local Pastor’s
Licensing School, and is currently enrolled in the Course of Study program at Garrett-
Evangelical Theological Seminary, one of our 13 United Methodist seminaries.