Team Returns from North Carolina
The BUMC team travelled to Princeville, NC which is the first settlement of free blacks in NC following the Civil War. In Hurricane Matthew the bridge outside of town was covered by 10 feet of flood waters. 300 households are still out of their homes. Projects included:
- Interior painting
- Roof repair
- New bedroom and bathroom flooring
- Baseboard and kitchen cabinet installation
Team Returns from Red Bird
The BUMC Red Bird Team 2018 traveled to southeastern Kentucky, to play, pray, talk, eat (lots of eating), worship, and work. Our projects included:
- Two new roofs were installed.
- Additions and repairs were made to two buildings at the Red Bird campus.
- Two bathrooms received new tubs and/or showers.
- Two homes have repairs to floors.
- Several homes received new doors or windows, siding repairs, repairs to stairs and porches.
- Painting was done in the boy’s dorm of the Red Bird School and loads of items were sorted at the Community Thrift Store.
Many thanks to you for your faithful prayer and financial support, the trip is not possible without your gifts and your prayers.
And a special thanks to everyone on the team who stepped up in leadership and participation to give a witness to our faith and to discover and grow more deeply in your connection to God and to one another.
Red Bird 2019 is July 13-20, 2019. Mark your calendars!!