Download the Latest Tab Times
Our monthly newsletter the Tabernacle Times provides the latest news about what's going on in our congregation, as well as messages from our pastors. Click here to download this month's issue. Click here to download our events calendar — suitable for printing and sticking to your fridge!
Sunday School Re-opens Oct. 4
It has been a long time since we have been able to host Sunday School at church. We are taking first steps back as we welcome children, youth, and their families back for Worship and Sunday School ministries.
On Sunday morning, our children and youth will be present in worship with their families. Following the:
- Opening song and prayer there will be a Young Disciples Moment after which the Preschool and Elementary (K-6) children will be dismissed to Fellowship Hall for a time of learning and fun.
- Sermon the Youth Class (7-12) will be dismissed to their class in the Youth Room.
We are working with our Sunday School Leaders to have appropriate ventilation in our spaces and to ask the children above age 2 to wear masks as they interact.
We will be working to expand our staff team and have Sunday School ministry starting in mid to late October for pre-School age children.
We look forward to growing the Christian Community as we share the faith and way of life that was shared with us.
Worship & Preaching for Oct. 2021
Pastor Mike is continuing the sermon series on ‘The Scandal of Forgiveness’
October 10th: Matthew 18:21-35 ‘The New Math of Grace’
October 17th: Luke 15:1, 11-32 ‘Old Habits of Unforgiven’
October 24th: Genesis 25-33 (selected verses) ‘An Unnatural Act’
October 31st: John 8:1-11 ‘Why Forgive?’
Weekly Bible Study
Pastor Mike will be offering a weekly Bible Study beginning in October built around the book: “Making Sense of the Bible” by Adam Hamilton.
The study will cover the Old and New Testaments in depth this fall and then in the New Year will dig into some of the difficult questions.
- ‘How do I make sense of Science, the Bible, and the Creation Stories?’
- ‘What do you think about the stories of Violence in the Bible – Especially the Old Testament?’
- ‘Can we trust the Gospel Accounts of Jesus?’
- ‘Is it OK to get a tattoo?’
The group will have two meeting options:
- Monday evenings virtually at 7 p.m. starting 10/4 on Zoom Video Meeting.
- Wednesday evenings in person at the Church Library starting 10/6
Click here to sign up.